GSW is hiring!
Interested in getting involved? Read on!
GSW seeks to hire two female university graduates to lead the program for the upcoming year. The position requires a 12-month commitment, beginning in July/August. Project Managers are responsible for planning and teaching sports/lifeskills and English classes; serving as mentors for students; providing feedback on and improving our curricula; organizing field trips; maintaining relationships with schools, teachers, communities, and families; fundraising; creating content and managing social media platforms; implementing monitoring and evaluation tools; and reporting to GSW board and management. Project Managers report to a U.S.-based Director on a weekly basis.
- Must be a University graduate
- Experience with a broad range of athletics; experience as a coach or captain preferred
- Experience as an educator and genuine interest in working with youth
- Ability to work closely with a peer colleague and independently with a remote supervisor
- Strong leadership, foresight, and problem solving skills in planning and executing “new-to-you” activities
- Good judgment and creative thinking to improve existing projects
- Interest and experience living in a developing country
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Enthusiasm for helping girls and their community
- A monthly stipend for all food, transportation, and general living expenses
- A round trip ticket from the United States to Cusco
- Health insurance
- Fully furnished apartment in Cusco
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by 10 January 2016. Interested applicants should apply by emailing email@example.com. Applications must include a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the organization and the position, relevant background, and any other information that would make you a great addition to GSW! Any questions can be directed to Carrie Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply in pairs; however, single applicants also will be considered. If applying with a partner, please note this in your cover letters.