JOIN OUR TEAM
GirlSportWorks Project Managers work in a dynamic environment and have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of hundreds of Peruvian girls. Project Managers take on significant responsibility and are expected to introduce program innovations.
Currently, we are seeking two university graduates to serve as Project Managers for the upcoming year. The position requires a 12-month commitment, beginning in July/August. Project Managers are responsible for planning and teaching sports/lifeskills and English classes; serving as mentors for students; providing feedback on and improving our curricula; organizing field trips; maintaining relationships with schools, teachers, communities, and families; fundraising; creating content and managing social media platforms; implementing monitoring and evaluation tools; and reporting to GSW board and management. Project Managers report to a U.S.-based Director on a weekly basis. GirlSportWorks provides healthcare, a monthly stipend for living expenses, and airfare between the United States and Peru.
Ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with a broad range of athletics; experience as a coach or captain preferred
- Experience as an educator and genuine interest in working with youth
- Ability to work closely with a peer colleague and independently with a remote supervisor
- Strong leadership, foresight, and problem solving skills in planning and executing “new-to-you” activities
- Good judgment and creative thinking to improve existing projects
- Interest and experience living in a developing country
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Enthusiasm for helping girls and their community
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Applications must be submitted by December 16th, 2016. Be sure to describe your interest in the organization and the position, relevant background, and any other information that you feel would make the applicant a great addition to GSW!
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply in pairs; however, single applicants also will be considered. If applying with a partner, please note this in your cover letters.